Beacon is contracted with all 5 Managed Care Organizations as the single entity to collect Medicaid Behavioral Health Supplemental Data (BHSD) in all Integrated Managed Care regions in Washington State, except for King County. In King County, only WISe contracted providers will be required to submit data for WISe members to Beacon.
Beacon also collects BHSD for Crisis and Non-Medicaid funded services in Southwest, North Central, and Pierce County Washington where Beacon serves as the Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization (BH-ASO).
Resources to support the successful collection of BHSD Data will be kept up to date on this site. Check back periodically for updates on this page.
MCO Providers: Please fill out our Provider Intake Questionnaire to ensure we have accurate information. The information gathered will help us provide a streamlined web portal experience when it is launched in the fall.
Previous BHSD Webinars
- 05.06.20 BHSD Provider Support Webinar Slides & Recording
- 06.02.20 BHSD Submission Workflow Provider Training Slides & Recording
- 06.18.20 BHSD Provider Support Webinar & Recording
- FAQ Coming Soon
Health Care Authority Resources
- Contractor and Provider Services
- HCA Provider Reporting Tool
- Guidance on Closing Service and Authorizations
- HCA BHDS FAQ
- HCA Data Guide v.4.0
- HCA Data Guide v3.1
Interim Data Collection Tools – Survey Monkey
For providers without Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and no ability to store BHSD ahead of our web portal launch this fall, we offer an optional tool to submit BHSD transactions. The following links include questionnaires for each submission type:
- Mental Health (MH)
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- SUD – Withdrawal Management Services (SUD-WMS)
- Program End Reason/Service Episode End Reason
- Designated Crisis Responder (DCR) Investigation
- Involuntary Treatment Act (ITA) Hearing
- Mobile Crisis Response (MCR)
Please send all questions related to BHSD Data Collection to: